Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Akkineni Nagarjuna Family Photos


I'm keen on acting Akhil Akkineni gets candid about his acting dreams in an exclusive chat with Hyderabad Times    The grandson of Akkineni Nageswara Rao and youngest son of Nagarjuna, who made his Tollywood debut as an infant in "Sisindri", is now making news for his matchwinning knocks for the CCL team, Telugu Warriors. Akhil, who has always been passionate about cricket, flew down from the US to play in the semi-finals held on Saturday. 

Speaking to us ahead of the match, he said, "Cricket is something I enjoy even though I'm not a professional player. And I love the fact that actors are taking time off to play some serious cricket. Movies too are very close to my heart, so it was great for me to enter the tournament."
So, off the field, can we expect to see him in movies in the future? "Yes, I'm very interested. It would be a waste of an opportunity if I don't pursue acting as a career, considering I'm born into a family of actors. But I want to finish my BBA degree first as you never know what better things may come my way. I might do a few films after graduation, but right now, I'm concentrating on CCL and my degree," says Akhil, who admits the tournament has given him great exposure. "Yes, I am popular because of my granddad and dad... The 'Akkineni' tag makes me famous. But these matches have surely boosted my popularity." The Akkineni tag makes me popular 
For now, Akhil is only too happy that his family is open to his non-filmi interests too. "My mom is glad that I enjoy playing and she texts me during the matches. Dad is always there to guide me. We once had a discussion if I should be playing for the team because of all the exposure I'll get, but we went ahead and now he is happy that I'm performing well. My brother, who is more into motor racing, gives me a small pep talk before every match. I'm fortunate that I have a family that is very open. I face no pressure from them to be actor," says Akhil, who is more than excited to be playing in the semi-finals.
    "I didn't think I would come to India to play even if we made it to the semis. But after calls from Venky uncle, the team coaches and owners, I decided to come down from the US just for a weekend to play this match. Plus, the Telugu Warriors feels more like a team now than it did in the first season. If we make it to the final, I'll play the final and leave on Monday morning for the States." 
Akhil Akkineni



                                                Name:   Akkineni Nagarjuna
                                Mother:           Annapurna
                                Father:             Nageswara Rao
                                First wife:        Lakshmi Daggubati (divorced)
                                Second Wife:   Amala    
                                Sons:                Naga Chaitanya, Akhil

                         
                       Nagarjun childhood, family photos

Child Nagarjun with his mother
Child Nagarjun with his mother


Lakshmi Daggubati
Lakshmi Daggubati

Nagarjun with wife and sons
Nagarjun with wife and sons
Nagarjun family
Nagarjun family

No comments:

Post a Comment